Photography PRICING & FAqs
Proposal, Engagements, weddings, portraits, events, & Faqs
Welcome to my investment & FAQs page! I take pride in servicing DC people and organizations who place value in authenticity and human connection.
Don't see package here that suits you? Please don't hesitate to reach out. I will do my best to accommodate your photography needs, whatever they may be. Happy browsing!
All packages quoted below are base price and do not include additional fees such as
*Travel fees for sessions located 10+ miles from Capitol Hill, DC
**Permit fees for access to venue/parks/property.
Wedding & Elopement Photography Packages
- 2 - 10 hours of photography coverage in as many locations as needed
- % discounts off engagement sessions for any 5+ hour weddings
- Fast communication with me via your preferred method (text, call, email) from 8a-8p any day of the week
- Access to a quick and thorough questionnaire that ensures all of your photography desires are clearly documented
- A beautiful 24-page pdf Wedding Guide that goes over how to visually approach and amplify every part of your wedding day
- A preferred Vendor list that can help you find local event coordinators, make up artists, videographers, DJs, florists, catering, etc.
- A virtual "shot list" spreadsheet where you can list out all of the group photos you desire ahead of the wedding day
- 45-minute virtual consultation 2-3 weeks before your wedding day to finalize your timeline
- 1 timeless polaroid image from your wedding day to take home immediately
- Fully-edited preview images within 72 hours
- Full gallery of fully-edited, colorful, timeless, digital images delivered within 4 weeks
- Prints available for purchase directly from gallery
2-HOUR ELOPEMENT RATES START AT $1000
5- HOUR WEDDING RATES START AT $2100
DC Proposal Photography Packages
- Fast, discrete planning communications via your preferred method (text, email, DMs).
- A 1-on-1 phone call 1 week prior of your proposal to go over the exact plan and location.
- Clear visuals and maps of where to stand and how to find me well before you head out the door.
- Photographer's onsite arrival 10+ minutes prior to your big moment.
- Incredible photos of your proposal, their reaction, and the ring.
- 1 polaroid snapshot that you can both take home immediately!
- Preview images within 24 hours.
- Full gallery within 72 hours.
PROPOSAL RATES START AT $300
Engagement Photography Packages
- Fast, custom booking and planning communications via email and/or text
- A pdf Style Guide with visuals that goes over everything from what to wear, how to prepare, and what to expect from your session
- A fun little questionnaire that will help me understand your exact vision for your images
- 30-min to 2-hour session in as many outfits as you like
- Stunning, edited images with skin touch up, backgrounds cleaned up, and true-to-life colors
- 1 polaroid snapshot that you can both take home immediately!
- Preview images within 72 hours
- Full gallery within 1-2 weeks
- Huge discounts on any future wedding package booked with Stefan A. Photography
ENGAGEMENT RATES START AT $300
Family Portrait Photography Pricing
Small Group Portrait Session
30-minute session 1 location.
Fully edited session delivered within 3 weeks and a preview within 48 hours.
Includes visual style guide pdf to help you dress for success.
1 polaroid to take home immediately!
Limit 6 people.
Starting at $400
Solo Portrait Session
30-minute session in 1 location
10+ fully touched-up images
Fully edited session delivered within 2 weeks.
Starting at $250
Event Photography Pricing
Session at one location your choosing within the DMV area.
Fully edited session delivered delivered digitally within 1 week.
Ideal for fundraisers, openings, galas, cultural events, and award ceremonies.
Starts at $400p/h
How many photos do you deliver per session?
I deliver as many photographs as I can and only eliminate ones that are redundant, out of focus, blurry, or make a subjects look unflattering. For portraits I can deliver anywhere from 30 - 75 photographs from an 1 hour session. For weddings and events I tend to deliver anywhere from 60 -100 photographs per hour of session.
How long after the session can we expect to receive our photos?
Proposals & Engagements
I aim to provide a sneak peak within 24 hours from our session so you can make the exciting announcement. You will receive full gallery within 1-2 weeks from session.
I aim to provide a preview within the week. You will receive full gallery within 4-8 weeks.
Portrait & Events
I aim to deliver the photo products within 1-2 weeks from session.
How do we receive our photos?
You will receive your photos via a digital gallery link through Pixieset. The link is shareable and allows downloads to your computer, phones, or other devices.
Digital galleries are hosted on a server which means they'll be up for a short time of about a few months before I rotate new projects in. I encourage you to download them as soon as you get them, but don't worry if you forget. I'll always keep back ups in "the cloud" just in case.
What kind of gear do you use?
I shoot using a Canon R6 Mark ii camera body with lenses that cover a 28-200mm focal range and prefer to shoot using natural light. I always bring external/off-camera flashes. I typically use flash during weddings, when shooting indoors, at night, or in dim locations.
Can I extend the session on the day of?
More than likely, yes. The only time I wouldn't be able to extend is if I have back-to-back shoots. It's rare, but it can happen. I will communicate with you ahead of time if extensions are not possible. If I do have conflicting schedules, I'll still do my best to accommodate in the case of any unexpected delays. If you book an event in the evening it's unlikely I'll have any qualms about extending my stay, I'm a bit of a night owl anyways. As far as the rate is concerned it will be determined based off a pro-rated hourly rate equal to the hourly rate of the session booked, rounded to the nearest 15-minute increment.
What does your editing process entail?
I use Lightroom to edit my photos to color balance, correct exposure, adjust textures, remove blemishes, fix stray hairs, and crop. These are all included in my initial proposed rate in each client’s contract. I also can make some bigger adjustments (such as removing tassels in a graduation portrait or even sometimes removing entire people from the backdrop). But, if a photograph requires an extensive edit, it may take several hours of my time and may cost anywhere from $20 - $50 per photograph depending on the change.
Will there be a second shooter?
A second shooter will only be considered if the wedding or event is bigger than 50 people and the deluxe package is ordered. The second shooter may vary but you will get to look at their portfolio beforehand to approve of their work.
Do I have to order prints through you?
You'll have the option to order all kinds of prints directly from the online gallery delivered standard with every session. That said, if you want to download the images and print them yourself you're more than welcome to.
Do you travel for weddings?
While I stay fairly local, I am open to traveling for weddings outside of the DMV. Currently, I have weddings lined up in PA and CA.
Full-day and half-day wedding packages are available for travel outside of the DMV with add-ons to cover travel and lodging.
Do you do videography?
No unfortunately, but I can refer you to talented local videographers.
Do you offer any discounts?
I offer special rates for family portraits for kids diagnosed with ASD; I believe every family deserves to cherish photographs of the their loved ones.
I also do special mini sessions for spring cherry blossom and fall foliage to meet new clients. For other fun promos, follow me on Instagram for updates.
Ready to Begin?
email: email@example.com | phone: (626) 529 6159 | 109 C St. SE Washington DC, 20003
WEDDING, EVENT, & PORTRAIT PHOTOGRAPHER IN WASHINGTON D.C., AND SURROUNDING AREAS OF VIRGINIA & MARYLAND